Thursday, February 28, 2008

Northward

Leaving the Estancia el Refugio was tough, but the road was calling. The area was in need of rain, but the soybeans looked good.


I went to San Justo to meet up with Horacio, who took me to dinner with his brother and their wives.


The next day they treated me to an asado at their weekend house, or quincho


His son, Juan Martin, gave me a tour of the area, and showed me his best crop of soybeans. Yes, he is standing up.


Uncle Richard would be proud, 1/4 kilo of heaven


I went to Reconquista the next day and got to eat lunch with some of the Rotarians from the last time and one of their newer members.
After lunch, Octavio(l), toured me around and we went to Raul´s(r) wheat flour mill. I got a personal tour from the owner. It was quite interesting for me.


Raul even showed me the BMW Isetta 4 seater he is restoring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, wonderful photos...and what a great trip diary. Really out does the old diary book and ink pen... The land looks unconquered. Thanks for sharing. Dave and Judy