Friday, February 22, 2008

Back to the Country

While Sean and Lou stayed in Buenos Aires, I felt my time would be better spent seeing more old friends from my other time in the Santa Fe province. Germa'n (Herman) and Celeste, who was knee high to a grasshopper the last time I saw her, treated me to a fish dinner at "Tha Quincho of Chiquito" a landmark in Santa Fe. We had 9 different kinds of fish, all tasted excellent!


I stopped in to see Eduardo and Graciella in their 10th floor apartment, overlooking Sants Fe


I returned to Galvez to spend some time with Nora and Enrique and their girls. Their daughter Sofy provided the model poses
Little sister Martina got in to the act


When I went from San Jeronimo Norte to Las Tunas I was about 100 yards from the asphalt when the bike went down in some really slimey mud. Luckily German, Andres and Carlos popped out of nowhere to help me get it back on solid ground. I gave them some money for ice cream as a tip.


I got in to Esperanza to the Rotary meeting to see Howard and Raul, who had host some of our group in 1991.

In Esperanza I stopped by to see Laura, Enrique and Nora's daughter, who is studying at the University there.

In her spare time she takes care of the family estancia near San Justo.
She offered me a place to stay.....
..... but I had to return the favor and help out with the cows.
To market they go, actually to the buyers feedlot now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bet the slimy mud wasn't fun...but i see you survived! yea