Monday, December 17, 2007

Majestic Views and Fishing School

Going from Chilicito to San Juan, Ruta 40 provides some excellent scenery



Saw this in Mendoza, had to take a picture for evidence


The Inca Bridge, on the way to Chile


Sometimes the views are just too much to describe



"From a phone booth in Cheyenne,......." (name that tune, and click to enlarge)


The lake south of Paredites, on Ruta 40

Because the road was detoured for construction at the 3000 km marker, which, by the way, is the distance left to Tierra del Fuego.



When I stopped for gas in El Sosneado, I met a group on their way home to Mendoza, after a 4 day ride to Neuquen. All on BMW's


While I was taking a break at the El Sosneado station, Facundo came up and asked if I liked to fish. After a small discussion, he produced his fishing pole and some day old bread. In about 10 minutes, my trout fishing lesson was over, and I had an eight inch trout on the end of the line, from the stream behind the store. I packed $250 worth of fly fishing gear 10,000 miles to do what it took a kid with $5 worth of stuff 10 minutes to do. Kind of humbling....., hell, it was very humbling.

Sorry I didn't get a picture of the fish, I was too excited.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Checking on you guys every day and hoping your butts are holding up to the challenge. What an adventure!
Buddies in Corpus Christi